Thursday, April 12, 2012

My first Press Realease - And banners sent to CTA

 Doing a press realease was a bit scary, but it had to be done.

Also, since we want to recycle the banner I decided it was time to ask for help from the fashion world, to see if they would like to help promote the cause of organ & tissue donation.

Who better to ask then Mr. Jay Manuel, but he's a very busy person and it's not easy to find out how to contact him.....so I sent him a tweet :-)

I'm sure getting bold in my old age...lol.....Now I just have to wait and see what happens.

The wonderful folks from the Canadian Transplant Association asked that I send them banners; I sent them  100 banners along with a spirit quilt made by me.



The quilts are limited addition and are numbered.
This spirit quilt to help promote the Canadain transplant games and the world's longest banner.



Day 1 - WLB

As for the our event here in Peace River on April 22, I just sent a press release to the Canadian Press in Edmonton and I'll be sending it out to other news media.



This is the note that I sent along with attachments.

To whom it may concern

Hi, I'm a donor mom asking, Canadians to help set a Guinness World Book Record for the longest banner in the world.

The banner is to help promote family discussions on organ and tissue donation.

Along with raising awareness we are raising funds for the Gift of life Arboretum in Peace River and for our local hospital.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Maria Stranaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment