Monday, April 23, 2012

Banner - Day 1 - a draft Report

Dear Reader.

I want you to know that, I will come back to this post and share more information with you.

I also want you to know that in the near future I will have some pictures and wonderful stories about that day to share with you.

For the time beinging I want you to know that there weren't many of us there but is  was a good day.

For now, a brief update.

We had 60 banners sewn together 2 on display and other banners brought in during the event.

30 individuals signed in and signed the commemorative banner and since they were also in attendance, the names of a 3 week old baby and the name of my 2 1/2 year old grandson were also added to the banner.

To display the banner -

It was necessary for us to use some of the lamp posts in the park, and a few of the participants, some of whom were very camera shy, 13 in total ( 7 adults and 6 children)  held the banner up for us so that we could take a few pictures.

For the free draw.

The winner of the limited addition Spirit quilt was a young lady. This youngster shows representation from both a donor as well as a recipient family.

We were very fortunate to have 2 reporters in attendance, one from the Peace River Record Gazette and the other from Mile Zero News.

For the time being, I will sign off and take a couple of days to recuperate and then I will finish my personal report for this day.

Take care and God bless.

Maria



No comments:

Post a Comment