Thursday, April 19, 2012

My beliefs – on organ & tissue donation.

 Over these past years, I have found that, because of the work that I have done towards this cause, some people have the misconception that I believe in donation no matter what.
I do believe in the cause and I have promoted donation since our daughter became a donor in 1993.

I firmly believe that the wishes of those that want to be organ and tissue donors, should always be respected and their families should never be denied the opportunity to fulfill the donor wish.
I also believe that the wishes of those that don’t want to donate should also be respected.
Due to my beliefs I will always fight for the rights of those that want to donate
Due to my beliefs I  will also fight for the rights of those that don’t want to donate..
During this journey, I have met those that don't even feel comfortable in discussing donation or the donation process, these individuals should never be made to feel guilty, nor should be disrespected because of this. 
Also, no one should ever be pressured into being an organ & tissue donor.
Finally I want to say, my mom has always said, 
"Always respect others, never judge others, because you never know what kind of pain and suffering that they have gone through, or are going through!"    
My mom is one smart cookie and a wonderful person, she taught us to always show compassion for others, no matter what! 
It is due to her guidance that I have my beliefs. 
Take care and God bless.
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment