Monday, April 23, 2012

I am your average Canadian, yet am not.

  1. I am an average Canadian that believes in the donation of organs and tissues.
  2. I am an average Canadian that, believes everyone’s wishes to donate should be respected.
  3. I am an average Canadian that believes, if people don’t want to donate or can’t donate and those that don’t want to discuss the subject or can’t discuss this subject should be treated with the utmost respect and that their wishes should also be respected.
  4. I am an average Canadian that says when the time comes and if it’s possible, I want the donation of my organs & tissues to happen.
  5. I am an average Canadian that believes our government should address the donation of organs & tissues at a national level and that they have a way to do it.
  6. I am an average Canadian that believes we should have a national health link because, it is needed and I also believe that we can address the donation of organs and tissues through this link.
  7. I am an average Canadian that doesn’t believe donor registries are safe and won’t put my name on a National donor registry, no matter how much gobble –de-goop; they try to feed me about how safe these registries are.
  8. I am an average Canadian that believes the donation of organs and tissues should be a family issue and not a government issue.
  9. I am an average Canadian that believes the poor and the helpless should not be exploited for their organs & tissues.
  10. I am not an average Canadian because I am a donor mom.
  11. I am not an average Canadian because I have had the privilege of meeting one of our child’s recipients
  12. I am not an average Canadian because I know both sides of the story when it comes to the subject of donation and I also know how donors, recipients and those that say no to donation have been treated and can be treated unjustly.
  13. I am not an average Canadian because, of previous work, I believe we need to address the issue of infectious illness at the same time as discussing the subject of donation of organs & tissues.
  14. I am not an average Canadian because I have been educating myself and others on this subject since we received our letter from the donor registry stating that our second eldest had become a donor.
  15. I am not an average Canadian because I know that even though I know many Canadians may want to donate their organs & tissues that their wishes may never come true.
  16. I am not an average Canadian because I have tried to address this issue in rural Canada and I know the pitfalls in trying to educate and donate in these areas.
  17. I am not an average Canadian because I attend the National Transplant games and I have had the honor and privilege of meeting many transplant recreants and I know how much it hurts them to know, that someone had to die so that they could live.
  18. I am not an average Canadian because I have met many donor families in my area, and I know of more that wanted to donate but couldn’t.
  19. I am not an average Canadian because I have family that loves me no matter what, friends that have stuck by me until the day they died and community members that have supported this cause and supports this cause enough to do things to help bring about a positive change.
  20. I am an average Canadian and not an average Canadian, my name is Maria and I live in Peace River Alberta.

No comments:

Post a Comment