Monday, October 1, 2012

Metis and First Nation & an Update

Good morning 

Well dear friends, I've been at this for over a year now and I  an finally beginning to feel like things are coming together.

This past weekend, on Saturday Sept.29th, I attended the 25th Anniversary for the Zone 6 Metis Counsel in Peace River. While I was at this celebration, I had an opportunity to promote the banner project with some of those that were in attendance from around Alberta. 

I was grateful to have this opportunity to discuss issues for the Metis and First Nations people surrounding the subject of organ and tissue donation with them. With this being done, I am hoping the end result will be that, during this next year, fellow Metis and First Nation people will openly help to address fears and conflicts surrounding the subject of donation. With these discussions, the anticipation is that, more lives can and will be saved

Now, here is an update on how things are going.

Information for the banner campaign is in its final draft process and I now have-
  1. The report, from the Canadian Blood services that has been given to our federal government (A Call to Action) – My participation in this project is mentioned on page 42 of the report.
  2. PR answering a Call to Action
  3. An invitation to the Parade of Banners on May 5th 2013
  4. A pledge made by me – (to members of my community)
  5. Banner instructions

What also needs to be done, since the reason we are having the parade of banners in our community, to help address this subject at a rural level.

 

I am now working on a report pertaining to donation in rural communities. (The information I will provide will come from what I have learnt by trying to address this subject, at a rural level, during this past 20 years.)

 

There are a few more things that I have to complete before the web page can be put up but I now feel that things are finally on a roll.

 

Take care - God bless and have a great day

 

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment