Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Why gold fabric paint on edges of the banners??

 Hello and good afternoon my freinds,
I'm hoping that this message will reach those that have already done banners.
Our banners are
green for the cause of organ & tissue donation
The reason that we are asking for the edges to be painted is to prevent the fraying of the fabric.

The reason for the gold edges (with fabric paint) on your banners is because, we would like for the World's Longest Banner to have a unified look.

Another reason for the GOLD edges
Now ---- some of you may think that this is corny, but
I was raised with this saying that –
A child is worth it's wieght in gold.
Therefore reason for the gold is that
the Gift of Life is worth its weight in gold
(Ya, I know – it’s corny!)
But what do you expect from a country bumpkin. lol
 NOW ---
For those of you that have already done banners and those banners have been handed in to me.

An Example of


Some of the banners that have been completed and handed in, Banners,

  • That have been handed in by Jennifer. that were done at special events in Edmonton.
  • Those banners that have been done at the National Games and/or were handed in at the games.
I want you to know that I am painting the edges/border with gold fabric paint and I will sew those banners together.

Thank you again for all your help and I apologize for all the confusion that this has caused.

p.s.

The reason that I had to make the change in the instructions i.e. gold paint for edges instead of glue.
This is due to the fact that using glue clogs the sewing machines.

This is a lesson that I had to learn the hard way, after the glue ended up causeing damage to one of my sewing machines.


Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

And, please make sure to paint the edges of your banners gold.

Take care - God bless - and have a great day.

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment