Saturday, October 6, 2012

I met with my MLA - to talk country :-)

Well my dear friends

I'm always happy to say that I have a great MLA...

I met with him again yesterday to give him an update on this project and to let him know what is going on with donation in rural communities i.e. Grieving families being denied the opportunity to fulfill the last wishes of a loved one to donate organs and tissues!

It's been a busy couple of weeks with everything that's been going on with my grandson Max, whooping cough in the day-home and now with him getting a flu bug this week. But I must say that, I've still managed to get some more things done.

Here is a little something that I put together...it's still in the DRAFT process but it's a begining..

I put some of this in a package for my MLA and I will have a package ready for the town meeting on the 22...

1.      A Call to Action, a national report for the federal government and for Canadians
2.      Cover Page –
a.      The P.R.E.D.O.T. Report –Peace River Educating on the Subject of Donations of Organs & Tissues -  A 20 year volunteer initiative in the community of Peace River AB
3.      Answering a Call to Action – 2013 - 2 community projects
a.      Account held in Trust
                                                              i.      Peace River and District Health Foundation
1.      Community Spirit Account
2.      Gift of Life Path & Arboretum - $959.35 (October 3, 2012 This is the money that I've made from the sale of banner material to date.... this money will go towards the Gift of Life Arboretum.
b.      Cost of Commemorative Benches for Gift of Life Path (Picture of Bench) - I still need to get this information from the town.

These next items are a work in progress....

c.       Cost of Gift of Life Arboretum           
                                                              i.      Personal Financial Statement
                                                            ii.      Personal Cost
                                                          iii.      Number of Banner material Sold & donated to date
                                                           iv.      Amount $ put towards Gift of Life Arboretum
4.      An invitation to Parade of Banners  May 5, 2013
5.      Banner instructions
6.      A pledge made by me to my community
7.      Partners and Sponsors
8.      Report on Organ & Tissue Donation in Rural communities.

Well my friends ...God bless take care and have a great day.
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment