Saturday, October 13, 2012

Went to mail out 50 pieces today - but couldn’t

Well me dear friends

Yesterday, I spent the better part of the day - pre-cutting material to send out to the 25th Anniversary Gala for the CTA in Ontario - but this is the message that I had to send in its place.....


Things have been very chaotic for me over the past couple of weeks but yesterday I managed to get the material cut (50 pieces) etc. and I went to mail it out for you.

But, after I arrived at the mail with my package in hand, they informed me that it would cost me $45.00 to send it, this being said, I made the decision to keep the material.

I would like other to know that, I'm using the sale of the banners to raise money for the Gift of Life Arboretum; I'm also paying for this project out of our personal account. But because mailing material is so costly have to let others know that this is beyond my means.

This is an unfortunate message for me to relay but, therefore, due to financial constraints I am unable to mail out material for those that wish to participate in this effort.

Hopefully, no one will take offence when this is mentioned. And hopefully they will still want to participate and with them many others will want to join us in this quest.

The message is that I'm trying to convey is that, I do want people to participate -
  1. It would be great if another community in Canada would like to meet or beat our challenge of doing the 1 kilometre that we are doing in our community.
  2. This project is to help Canada set a Guinness World Record for Longest Banner in the World. This banner is to be made with the largest collection of banners that have been joined together by Canadians for the cause of organ & Tissue donation.
 Hopefully the information that I'm sending to you, about the WLB attempt, will help those that wish to participate in this project.

Please find five attachments included in this message.

Again I apologize for any and all inconvenience this may have caused.
 

Well my friends I must say that I hope this doesn't discourage others from participating and I hope they understand where I'm coming from.

God bless, take care and have a great day.

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment