Friday, March 23, 2012

Last Christmas with her brother and sisters - operation



I'm one of those moms that has, always liked (for the most part) to take pictures of my kids all looking at the camera, but for some reason during this last Christmas I decided to take the photo this way.

When I took this photo, the thought that came to mind was that, no matter what happened when Tasha left and went back to B.C. for school, that she would always be with us watching over us.

It was a strange thought to happen at that time, but this was just the beginning of the strange things that were to happen!

I took this picture, in the living room of our home in Peace River. You will notice that Douglas, Louise and Crystal are all playing the game operation - (a game that Tasha bought her sisters for Christmas that year - 1992)

Every time I look at this picture I think of the irony of it all ----------------------------------------------- that on May 7th in 1993 - she was being operated on, so that others could have her organs and tissues.

Please Note - Over time I will be sharing a bit more about Tasha with pictures and her final words in essays and private writings.

I hope that, in the sharing her story along with my story, it will help you to understand in part what this has been all about.

Adding to all of this, it will be a true blessing for me if, the sharing of our story, helps to ease the hearts of others.

God bless, best wishes
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment