Friday, March 30, 2012

More Prep - work for April 22 & what's to come on blog

I have a lot of prep work to do before April 22.

Due to all this prep work,

I won't have as much time to write or post blogs..

Prep work before April 22 -

Pre-cut and number the remaining material  [for the first 1,000 banners]

Work with students that will be making an instructional video for the banners.

Collect the banners that have been done to date, so that I can start adding banners to mine.

Complete the banners that I'm doing in memory of loved ones. -

Banners - In memory

Friend Milly, [Wanted to be a donor]

My 2 year old brother Paul - [he died from burns] Because of this incident, Tasha became a tissue donor 

My nephew Trevor Elter - [died when the crane he was in went over the side of a mountain] Trevor wanted to be a donor.

In memory of those that gave me guidance and support -

Transplant recipient - Reverend Father Donald Kroetch [passed away June 25, 2000 - due to cancer]

Transplant recipient - Ann Lavoie - [passed away April 23, 2001]
In future blogs I will speak of these individuals and I will share our stories and much more.

More quilts need to be made with the reminants of that material.

What are the quilts for?

Some will be given away in free draws  at special events, over the next year. [ such as this first event on April 22]

Some will be raffled off or auctioned off and used to help raise money for our hospital

Others will be given to those in need, ie, Men's and Women's Shelters, palliative care, homeless shelters etc.
After the 22, 

My intent is to continue to share this story with you, until

National Organ & Tissue Donation Awareness Week 2013 and the unavailing of our Canadian banner in support and for the cause.

Take care & God bless.

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment