Saturday, March 24, 2012

We were told - Tasha couldn't be a donor !

Donation was made possible!

 

How was donation possible?

 

The most important steps that made donation possible were - 


1.      Tasha told me of her wish to be an organ & tissue donor


2.     Emergency response teams did everything possible to try and save her life.


3.      Our family was asked about the possibility of donation - 

Please note -

 

During the early morning hours, when we were told that Tasha was dead, we were so filled with shock, pain and anguish that, our world stopped.

 

I must say in all honesty that, if my sister Helen had not called me to ask if we would consider donating Tasha’s organs, donation would not have taken place.

 

Important note –


  After the conversation with my sister, I was reminded of the conversation that Tasha had with me, expressing her wish– for us to donate all of her organs & tissues etc

 

Then, it is was after this call from my sister that, I called the doctor to tell him of Tasha's wish to be a donor. 

 

It was at that time that, I was told by that doctor that -

 

Quote - [Tasha had been dead to long therefore, she couldn't be an organ & tissue donor.]

 

Tasha becomes an organ & tissue donor!


It was due to the conversation, that Tasha had with me, that I begged the doctor to do everything that was humanly possible to make her wish come true.

 

It was one week after Tasha’s funeral that we received this letter from the BC transplant society.





No comments:

Post a Comment