Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I’ll be happy when this is project is done ! - Some things are astonishing !

Well my friends I must say……
Good grief ---I’ll be happy when this is project is done because at times I get tired and a bit overwhelmed.
A Gift of Life Scavenger Hunt and Green Ribbon Campaign
I am so very grateful for the support that we have been getting from our local media and for the wonderful response that I’ve been getting from our local businesses/stores.
But, I must say that during this campaign and this is especially during these past couple of months I have  found a few things to be a bit astonishing -
What I have been doing and what I find to be a bit bewildering.
As you know, I have been working on this campaign since the spring of 2011 and during this time I have been going out and speaking to media, schools, community organizations, businesses and community members in general.
I have talked so much that at times the idea of saying another word on this subject makes me dizzy and at times I feel ill. But I keep telling myself that It’s only for a few more days!” and then I just keep chugging along.
Everything is close at hand!
Now with the date so close at hand and with having almost everything in place I find it difficult to believe that, while I go from place to place –
Promoting the green ribbon campaign
  1. The Gift of Life Scavenger Hunt
  2. The Gift of Life booth at our local Spring Trade Show this weekend
  3.  The Community Silent Action for the Gift of Life memorial site – and
  4. The Gift of Life Rally on April 21st and
  5. Banner Parade on May 5th,
Despite all the promoting and all the information that has been handed out, there are so many in my community that are telling me that they haven’t even heard about this event.  
All of this makes me realize that we as a society are just so bombarded with messages and information that unless someone gets the message first hand, not matter how important the event may be, we just don’t hear what is going on, what is being done or being said in the community or by the media.
All of this just makes me aware and understand, how I personally, need to be more aware of what is going on. It makes me want to get out my own little world and be more open to a world that can only help me to grow as an individual.
Well my friends - I need to get back to bed for a bit - I have lots to do in the morning - I have physio for my thumb at 7:40 - a meeting at 10:00 to discuss photo documentation for our Guinness World book record – then I have to go to, schools, promote in businesses/stores, visit my soon to be 84 year old mom and at 3:00, go with my hubby and our daughter Crystal to meet her realtor.
Geeezzz – it’s no wonder that our home looks like it’s been hit by a hurricane – I just have to shake my head and keep reminding myself that soon it will be over and done with.
I also remind myself that, after May 5th I will finally be able to go to Tasha’s gravesite and lay down some flowers and say “My dear, we did it –your wish has been fulfilled – everyone now knows the message that you left behind, of how important it is to love on another and to try and help your fellow man.”
Good night for now, take care, God bless and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment