Monday, September 3, 2012

Raising more awareness.....

Bone Marrow Donation
Well my friends...

It's been a busy summer and I'm finally back home. Now I'm able to get back to my computer and move on with this banner project.
But first I would like to tell you a little about something that happened this past weekend.
My husband Allen and I just attended the 4th Annual Stranaghan Golf Tournament (hosted by my husband’s cousins) This year, this event was held on Sept. 1st at the Swan Hill Golf course in AB.   I am thrilled to let you know that, at this one event, this family helped to raise over $60,000 for the Stollery Hospital in Edmonton. (I must say that, you can't help but to be proud of a family like that)

How it all started ---

One of the Stranaghan children suffered from Leukemia and was helped through treatment. We, along with so many others, participated in this golf turnement, due to the gratitude of a life being saved and because we saw a further need.

Wanting to donate - Surprise !!??

When planning to go to the event, this year, my husband and I wanted to surprise the family by announcing that we were registered as bone marrow donors... Therefore in the future, if necessary, we would be available to help out.

The problem..

When we went to register, the surprise was on us when we found out that we were now too old to be on the list.

What I believe is that, even though I can't donate, I can still help to make a difference. 
Take care …God bless and have a great day.
Maria

1 comment:

  1. Maria,
    I registered with One Match to be a bone marrow donor last year. Or maybe the year before. I remembered that today while I was holding up the banner.
    Thank you for everything you did!

    ReplyDelete