Thursday, March 14, 2013

History in the making - Banner Report March 2013


Hi again and a good day to you.

Well my friends - things are on a roll and the day is coming up fast and I am on the run.

I have been sewing banner segments together 10 meters at a time, I then add the gold boarder on the fabric. This process takes about 1 1/2 hours.
[So you can imagine - What a relief it is to me and how happy I am when banners arrive  with their gold boarder and the segments are all sewn together. ]
 I'm also doing school presentations - attending meetings and talking to people in our community about our historical event.

Well I'm off to town again.

God bless - take care and have a great day.

Maria


Banner Report - March 14, 2013

It’s wonderful to have so many individuals helping to make this a successful historical event

All working together to help save lives by talking about organ & tisssue donation.

A part of Canadian History in the making

Of the Material - bought for the World’s Longest Banner for Canada
for the Parade of Banners in Peace River on May 5th 2013

We have 1,209 - meters for the banner-

To date 885 meters have been distributed
310 meters - went to communities - Outside of Peace River

So far we have documented Participation from
5 Provinces
14 communities outside of Peace Country in AB
9 ---Other communities in the Peace Country

Mexico - Banner segment - made by transplant athletes attending 2012 Transplant Games held in Calgary   

No comments:

Post a Comment