Monday, February 18, 2013

Good news - & bad news - pictures of flyers - Stand up and be counted etc.

Hello once again,


Well my friends ---- As some of you may know by now I do have some good news and bad news.

 
First thing is that my eye doctor informed me that my eye has been infected with a virus....nothing they can do about it and I now have 4 scars on my left eye.....(the good thing so far is that I still have my vision)


More Good news -- my blog is letting me post pictures again...


Good News -- I have 95 more meters to go and I will have cut 1,000 meters/1 kilometer of segments for our Canadian Record for the World's Longest Banner.


Ummm a bit more bad news....While I was cutting material, the rotary blade that I was using got caught on the temp plate and the blade sliced through my thumb and cut my tendon in half.

More Good news the doctor was abler to reattach the tendon... it took 3/4 of an hour to reattach but he says that it looks like I'll be fine.
 

Good news....hey I only have 95 more meters to go and we'll have 1 kilometer of banner.....now we just have to wait for the banners to come in so that we can sew them together.

I still have one good hand :-)

Picture of invitation


This is where will will hold the parade of banners -
just a 2.5 kilometer walk and then we stack and count the banners -
after that we can have a banner trade off....
then we can recycle our banners by framing them as pictures...
or by making green bags or quilts etc.



Canadian Challenge -
I'm hoping that at least one Canadian from each province will take up this challenge,
for me this would make it such a great success.



simple instructions for making a banner..
don't feel intimidated ....
if all you can do is sign your name then that is all that is needed.
After all -
what we are trying to do is create some awareness


Well my freinds -- this is it for now...take care -- God bless and have a great day.
Maria

1 comment: